Sunday 17 April 2016

Evaluation Question Two.



My artist can be most recognisably compared to The Notorious B.I.G. I based my artist on the 1930's mafia look that The Notorious B.I.G. was often seen replicating, this featured a bowler or trilby hat and a suit. Accessories associated with this look were canes/walking sticks and a variety of different ties etc. The Notorious B.I.G. was often seen smoking large cigars which I incorporated into my photoshoot with my artist, I wanted to replicate every element of this style possible to make my artist seem real. My artist is of the same ethnicity as Biggie Smalls and is a similar age to him when he was killed. This style gives artists a classical gangster look, The Notorious B.I.G. adopted this look which inspired me to do the same with my artist.
There are two specific social groups that I have aimed to reach out to with my artist, these are the 'DIYers' and the 'Get Paid Crew.' I think my artist would appeal to these specific groups because they are already associated with making music and trying to earn money. These two groups are both associated with grafting hard and making themselves from nothing, my artist followed a similar way of making himself and therefore these particular groups can relate to him. People feel more inclined to listen to an artist if they can relate to what they are saying in their songs, therefore people who are associated with these two particular groups would be more likely to listen to Welfare G because he would have been in one of these two groups before he hit fame.