Saturday 6 February 2016

My Research.

The research I have completed on Hip-hop as a whole and individual artists has helped me create my own artist. I chose to take key assets from The Notorious B.I.G. and apply them to my own artist, I looked into a large variety of images of The Notorious B.I.G. to look into his style, this helped me think about how I wanted to present my own artist. I chose to present my artist in a classic gangster fashion. The Notorious B.I.G. was often seen addressing this fashion choice in his photoshoots with different magazines, I took inspiration from this and applied it to my own artist by utilising a look that involved; a bowler hat, a suit, a cane and a cigar. 
I also looked into different formats of magazine, I looked at particular magazines such as; XXL, Vibe, Fader, Rolling Stone and Billboard to give me ideas for my own magazine. All of these magazines applied to my research as they fit my chosen genre, I took the masthead idea from Fader and applied it to my own magazine as I think it makes the title more prominent and therefore audience members can identify it much easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment